Dance Instructors at The Sovereign Dance Academy
Michelle Drummond - Dance Director and Owner of The Sovereign Dance Academy
- Professionally Qualified Dance Teacher with over 17 years Dance Experience
- Competed Internationally and Nationally for Great Britain for over 10 years winning many major titles
- Expert in Ballroom, Latin American, Ballet, Tap, Modern Dance, and Theatre Arts
- Winning Champion of the Strictly Siemens Dance Competition
- Privileged performer for Her Royal Highness the Queen Mothers 100th Birthday Celebrations on 4th August 2000
- Professional Qualified in the American Smooth & West Coast Swing
- Professional Qualified International and National Judge
- Adjudicator in both Ballroom and Latin American Dancing
- Ranked within the TOP 12 of the United Kingdom as a Dance Professional
- A Regular dance finalists for 5 years at the United Kingdom Alliance 10 Dance championship
Ricky Drummond - Owner of The Sovereign Dance Academy
- Professionally Qualified Dance Teacher with over 18 years Dance Experience and Expertise in Ballroom, Latin American
- Professional Qualified in the American Smooth & West Coast Swing
- Professional Qualified International and National Judge and Adjudicator in both Ballroom and Latin American Dancing
- Competed Internationally and Nationally for Great Britain for over 10 years – Ranked within the top 12 of the United Kingdom as a Dance Professional
- Dance competitively with pupils from the Dance Academy to achieve top teacher status
- Regular dance finalists at the United Kingdom Alliance 10 Dance championship
- Privileged performer for the Queen Mothers 100th Birthday Celebrations on 4th August 2000
- Winner of the Open Surrey Dance Championships
Norma Grimley - Owner and Manager of The Sovereign Dance Academy
- Over 30 year’s knowledge, experience and passion in the field of Dance and Performance
- Traveled all over the world representing dance and the performing arts since the early 1980's
- Professionally qualified dancer and dance teacher
- Currently work in one of the largest dance school in the South East of England
"My aim is to provide good quality instruction to everyone, by making the classes fun and inviting. I take pride in my appearance and always believe in a professional approach throughout life. I have been an Ambassador for DANCE since 2006 and have tour the United Kingdom giving lectures and dance demonstration in the art of performing to hundreds of people. I always hope that through these seminars my knowledge and experience is past onto the next generation of dancers and performers alike. I have also had the opportunity as a professional singer to have the Musical Director of the LONDON PALLADIUM write and conduct a musical score on my behalf which I performed in front of millions of people to raise money for charity."
Ross Grimley - Dance Ambassador for over 5 years
- Dancer for over 25 years
- Traveled and danced professionally all over the world
"I started dancing at the Peggy Spencer’s School of Dancing based in Penge. I trained there for over 15 years taking all my dancing medal as a Juvenile (under 12 yrs) and then as a Junior competitor (under 16yrs). I then started to trained in the World Famous Formation team and gained the Juvenile Team Captain position for three years running. After watching the world famous Open British Dance Championships, I decided at age 14 that I would compete nationally and joined the open dance circuit. I found a partner and started making strides to gain a place on the British Team. My partner and I competed nationally for a further 4 years and won several local and national dance competitions based in the United Kingdom. I have been on Television trying to encourage others to dance and to increase the male influence in the dancing profession. I have continued in the dancing professional to the extent of taking my Professional Dance Exam in 2010 and will strive to encourage the benefits of Dance to a wider audience."
Krisanne Kellmyer - Performer and teacher of dance for over 15 years
Born in Delaware, Krisanne is a graduate of the University of Delaware and alumni of Cab Calloway School of the Arts. Former company member of the Mid Atlantic Ballet in Newark, Delaware, Krisanne performed in such shows as The Fantastic Toy Shop, The Nutcracker ballet, Delaware Dance Festival, The King and I, Bye Bye Birdie and various off-stage ballets. Throughout her years of training, Krisanne specialized in areas of Ballet, Pointe, Lyrical, Jazz, Tap, Musical Theatre and Contemporary styles of dance. Performing at a young age, Krisanne took stage at the Miss Delaware Junior National Teenager pageant, Mario Rocco Entertainment Group, Dover Ballet and at Carnegie Hall in NYC. Krisanne has taught at numerous studios and ballet companies throughout the Delaware area and was the Artistic Director of the Newark Dance Program for 7 years.
After relocating to sunny Florida, Krisanne continued her career with SeaWorld, Orlando as a pearl diver and the Walt Disney Company, performing in various shows & parades: Festival of the Lion King, Opening cast of the Magic Kingdom Street Party, Boo To You Halloween Parade, Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas Time Parade, Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade, Main Street Electrical Parade, Spectromagic, 2010 & 2011 Christmas Day Parade filming and numerous special events across Disney property.
In addition to performing, Krisanne has choreographed many shows here in Florida, including Freedom High School’s Legally Blonde for Wicked Productions and the 2012 District Thespian Festival. She has had the opportunity to judge for prestigious dance conventions and competitions across the US & Canada, and currently studies and teaches ballet at the In Motion Dance Project in Orlando. Throughout her dance career, Krisanne has realized her true passion is not the stage, but in the classroom teaching her students. Miss Krisanne’s goal as a teacher is to inspire and love each student and to encourage, support and promote a positive and healthy dance experience . Krisanne is new to the world of Ballroom and Latin American Dancing, but has a true passion for dance and performance. She is excellent at Latin American dance and is a true asset to the studio.
Brittany Stovall - Performer and teacher of dance for over 15 years
Brittany attended a performing arts middle and high school, as well as continuing her dance education at Debbie's Dance Company in Jacksonville, Florida. She moved to Orlando five years ago to attain her bachelor's degree is Hospitality Management from the University of Central Florida, as well begin her career as a performer at Walt Disney World. Over the years working at Disney, she has performed in Festival of the Lion King, Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It, Street Party, Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade, and Mickey's Boo To You Parade. Brittany took an eight-month break from Disney last year to dance for Royal Caribbean on the Monarch of the Seas. Now that she is back, she also works for Universal Orlando Resort, where she is a dancer in the opening cast of the Universal's Superstar Parade. Brittany is still new to world of Ballroom, but thoroughly enjoys it. She is thrilled to have been given the opportunity to explore more the of various styles, as well as assist in passing along that knowledge to others and is a true asset to the studio.